The historical fiction drama “Versailles” was the star of the show at Ovation’s Monday morning presentation at the 2016 Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour. Over the course of the event we learned…
- Series creator David Wolstencroft was very happy with how accommodating the French government was in the filming of the ten-part series.
- George Blagden, who stars as Louis XIV, wasn’t thrilled about wearing five layers of clothing in Paris over the summer. But it helped him get into character.
- Alexander Vlahos, who plays Phillippe ‘Monsieur,’ wanted his character to be the opposite of Louis XIV, so when choosing costumes, he wanted the opposite colors.
- Blagden admitted to not knowing much about Louis XIV when he accepted the role.
- Wolstencroft pointed out that while there are elements of fiction in the series, that they are doing their best to tell the most honest version of what happened at the Palace of Versailles.
- Vlahos discussed Phillippe being “bi-polar” and very challenging to play. He described how the character will make love to his boyfriend, kiss his wife, then get dressed and go off to battle.
“Versailles” will premiere Saturday, October 1st, 2016 on Ovation